
Last Tuesday we had our offer accepted on a new condo!
We are so excited! Funny thing is...we weren't looking for a new place. We actually, specifically, had decided not to move until we knew what Brian's story was for medical school, etc. When we were walking home from the T one day after work together, we saw the "For Sale By Owner" sign outside the building across the street. We both looked at each other, ran up the stairs to our place, and immediately got on the computer to look at the website. That Sunday I went to the open house with my parents and cousin Kristen. I liked it so much, Brian and I went that evening together and chatted with the sellers. Monday we put in an offer, and Tuesday it was accepted (after having to up it a little bit given two other offers).
Now the work really begins! Here is our shortened "to do" list before we can move (or even close):
1) Finish small items of back renovation (i.e., closet door, finish trim, fix floors in pantry)
2) Get our current condo rented
3) Save lots and lots of dough for our closing
4) Negotiate with the sellers for a new hot water heater
5) Try to not mentally spend all our money on new furniture before we even move in
6) Did I mention get our current condo rented? This part is stressing me out and we still have 2-1/2 months before closing!
7) Clean out all the unnecessary clutter in our current place so it shows well to potential renters (and so we don't fill our new place with lots of things we don't really need)
1 comment:
I really like the layout of your new apartment! It is really quite roomy, with 3 bedrooms. I assume that one of these bedrooms is your office, or your offices, and the other a guest room. It looks wonderful! I hope you have many happy times there.
Love,
Karin
Post a Comment